Energy Information Resources
- Bloomberg Energy OnLine
- Energy Information Administration
- Gas Technology Institute (GTI)
- Public Utilities Reports
- The Electric Power Research Institute
- US DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- Weather and Electricity Demand Forecast
- The Edison Electric Institute
- Electric Power Supply Association Active in the competitive power business, EPSA advocates policies and positions.
- Western Systems Power Pool
- Northwest Power Planning Council
- Northwest Public Power Association Site deals with reliability and interchange operational issues.
- Utilityconnection.com Has a vast array of links (over 3000) to other utilities and energy resource information. Has an entire section dedicated to the financial aspects of the utility industry.
- Northwest Power Pool is a voluntary organization comprised of major generating utilities serving the Northwestern U.S., British Columbia and Alberta. Site provides information on the NWPP, access to NWPP publications and links to other industry sites.
- North American Electric Reliability Council Site contains Press releases and other information available about the council. Additional information and links are available about other regulatory bodies in North America.
- Western Electric Coordinating Council Has substantial links to regional transmission associations, other energy industry related links and publications. Also has an archive of WSCC press releases and other information.
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas is one of 10 Regional Reliability Councils in the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) Organization. ERCOT represents a bulk electric system located totally within the State of Texas and serves about 85% of Texas's electrical load.
- Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland Power Pool Site has real time weather reports, OASIS interface, customer information and downloadable documents.
- California Independent System Operator Site contains information about the ISO's grid and prices. Also contains information concerning overall electricity market and market analysis.
- New York Independent System Operator Site contains information about the NYISO's services, market news, and real-time load conditions.
- Alberta Electric System Operator
- Mid-Continent Area Power Pool Site has information on programs, committees, real time information and real time trading systems.
- Southwest Power Pool Provides on line resources and news about the SPP. Has links to other organizations.
- American Gas Association website This association represents American gas utilities.
- Canadian Gas Association website CGA promotes gas utilities and the energy market in Canada.
- North American Energy Standards Board Serves as an industry forum for the development and promotion of standards, which will lead to a seamless marketplace for natural gas, as recognized by its customers, business community, participants, and regulatory entities.
- PIRA is dedicated to research and forecasting in the energy industry. Offers specific information about a variety of different topics including the environment, European energy prices and emission information.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Site has FERC rulings, reports, documents, resources and industry specific information.
- California Public Utilities Commission The site has several links and a "hot topics" page covering industry news related to California utilities.
- California Energy Commission web site The website offers information concerning a variety of key issues in California's deregulated electricity market.
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners They are the national association of US regulators responsible for utilities. Information regarding regulatory bodies in the US.
- A listing of state and local sites
- Your region and state's wind energy potential
- Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy (co-sponsored by DOE)
- American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)
The AWEA promotes wind energy as a clean source of electricity for consumers around the world. This web site contains wind energy education, technical information and wind-related power legislation.
- California Energy Commission
The CEC is California's primary energy policy and planning agency. Their web site features press releases and reports on California's energy concerns, as well as a complete list of the CEC funded programs.
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
EPRI is a non-profit organization committed to providing science and technology-based solutions to global energy customers. The EPRI site shares its wealth of scientific research, technology development, and product implementation to commercial and residential sectors.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
NREL works toward a sustainable energy future by developing renewable energy technologies, improving energy efficiency, advancing related science, engineering and facilitating commercialization. Their large web site contains a detailed listing of NREL research that offers a spectrum of global marketing techniques and alternative fueling resources.
- National Wind Coordinating Committee
A U.S. consensus-based collaborative, the NWCC identifies issues that affect wind power. Though this site concerns itself mostly with communication between NWCC members, the web site also features reports and publications related to the development of wind power available for downloading.
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
Regulated by the U.S. Department of Energy, The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory web site delivers environmental science and technology in the form of an extensive list of reports and publications. The Lab reports focus on nuclear technology, health and energy efficiency.
- Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center
The Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center (P2RIC) provides access to pollution prevention resources and articles, in particular those that relate to the states of Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. This web site is very largeand easy to search and navigate due to its well organized search engine.
- Renewable Fuels Association
As the national trade association for the U.S. fuel ethanol industry, the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) has been working on behalf of the industry to secure a strong marketplace for ethanol. Their web site contains ethanol-related statistics as well as legislation and news that affect the ethanol market.
- U.S. DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
Offering even greater detail on renewable energy, EERE provides 600 links and 80,000 documents on bioenergy, hydrogen, ocean, wind, geothermal, hydro and solar power.
- U.S. Department of Energy Green Power Network
- United States Energy Association
As a member of the World Energy Council, this group, made up of public and private energy related organizations, corporations and government agencies, focuses on all types of energy including coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear, hydro and renewables.
- World Energy Council
The World Energy Council is a global multi-energy organization, covering all types of energy, including coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear, hydro and renewables.